Be still and know that I am God.
At the House of Prayer and Spirituality each week we pray for the Townsville Diocese as a whole and have a weekly Prayer Cycle in which we try to include all praise, community and agencies throughout the Diocese.
There is a book at the door of the chapel where all are encouraged to place requests for prayers, for loved ones or special intentions.
There is nothing more comforting when we are facing life challenges or loss then to know that others are willing to pray for us when we are anxious or unable to pray ourselves.
Everyone is invited to join prayer times. Opportunities to sit with God, who knows your need, and if you can't find the words, the silence will say it for you.
You are welcome to bring your requests in person to the house, complete the form below or email us at: email@example.com - No names need to be included, unless you wish. God knows who you are.
Our prayer sessions offer a sense of space and time to withdraw from life's busyness and to open one’s mind and heart to the Ultimate Mystery -
It is not necessary to commit to a weekly routine. Come when something is challenging; come to simply take in the quiet.
- Contemplative Prayer 7.00pm.
- 4th Monday of month Taize Prayer 7.00pm.
- 4th Monday of month Men as Learners and Elders (MALE) discussion group - 7.30pm.
- Enneagram Chat - 3rd Tuesday of month 7.00pm.
- Christian Meditation 5.30pm.
access also via Zoom - please email for link
- Contemplative Prayer 9.30am.
- Eucharist or Liturgy of the Word 9am.
1st Saturday of the month via Zoom - please email for link
- Contemplative Living with Thomas Merton
1st Sunday of the month 10.30am - 12 noon
- Creativity & Spirituality (dates and times vary, call office on
4728 9861 or check calendar to find out the next date).
Donations are welcome.
The House of Prayer Community will pray for any request we receive and for the people who submit them.
Everyone is welcome to participate in any of the enriching and nurturing experiences of praying at the House.