Be still and know that I am God.
At the House of Prayer and Spirituality each week we pray for the Townsville Diocese as a whole and have a weekly Prayer Cycle in which we try to include all praise, community and agencies throughout the Diocese.
There is a book at the door of the chapel where all are encouraged to place requests for prayers, for loved ones or special intentions.
There is nothing more comforting when we are facing life challenges or loss then to know that others are willing to pray for us when we are anxious or unable to pray ourselves.
Everyone is invited to join prayer times. Opportunities to sit with God, who knows your need, and if you can't find the words, the silence will say it for you.
You are welcome to bring your requests in person to the house, complete the form below or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org - No names need to be included, unless you wish. God knows who you are.
- Contemplative Prayer 7.00pm.
- 4th Monday of month Taize Prayer 7.00pm.
- 4th Monday of month Men as Learners and Elders (MALE) discussion group - 7.30pm.
- Christian Meditation 10am.
- Enneagram Chat - 3rd Tuesday of month 7.00pm.
- Christian Meditation 5.30pm.
At the House or via Zoom.
- Contemplative Prayer 9.30am.
- Eucharist or Liturgy of the Word 9am.
- Contemplative Living with Thomas Merton
1st Sunday of the month 10.30am - 12 noon
- Creativity & Spirituality (dates and times vary, call office on
4728 9861 or check calendar to find out the next date).
Donations are welcome.
The House of Prayer Community will pray for any request we receive and for the people who submit them.
Everyone is welcome to participate in any of the enriching and nurturing experiences of praying at the House.